Our farm sits on 26 acres in Southeast Kansas and features 3 large pastures and two paddocks. This setup is perfect for allowing rotational grazing of pastures and to ensure horses can be grouped based on behavior and dietary needs.
The majority of our horses are kept in pastures 24/7 as we feel that that is the best living arrangement for them. It mimics what is natural by allowing them to move about as they please, graze continually, and interact in a herd environment. It just makes for happier, healthier horses!
The addition of our new barn does give more options though and will be a great place to house horses in for training. Stalls will also be available for boarders if they wish to chose that route.
Once complete, the new barn will boast (2) 15x10 stalls with 25x20' runs, (2) 25x10 stalls that can be further divided with 25x30' runs, a secure tack room with personal tack lockers for boarding clients, and an enclosed feed room. Although not finished, the barn is currently functional and equipped with temporary stalls as we build the permanent ones.
The farm owner lives on site and horses are checked regularly. Jamie prides herself on taking care of clients horses as if they were her own!
SO WHAT DOES BOARD INCLUDE?
- Customized 14% high-fat textured grain designed by a nutritionist specifically for our farm fed 2-3 times per day
- Alfalfa pellets, if needed, fed 2-3 times per day
- High quality prairie or bermuda/brome hay fed free choice
- Water cleaned and replenished daily
- Blankets (provided by horse's owner) changed as deemed necessary by management
- If stalled, stall is cleaned daily and bedded with Suncoast pine shavings
- If stalled, daily daytime or nighttime turnout as weather permits
Stall w/ Run $275/mo
In order to insure that care is kept consistent and at a high standard, self-care and partial-care board is not available.